NOGEPA 2.15 Management of Major Emergencies (Formal Assessment)BookLast booked 16 minutes ago
The NOGEPA 2.15 Management of Major Emergencies (Formal Assessment) is to formally assess a delegate’s ability to show effective leadership during Major Emergencies on an offshore mining installation. This assessment is for OIM’s or Key persons being part of an Emergency Management Team.
It is advisable to follow the NOGEPA 2.14A Management of Major Emergencies or NOGEPA 2.14B Management of Major Emergencies course prior to taking this assessment. If you have already your NOGEPA certificate, we advise you to follow the first (optional) day of this assessment too.
- Timetable:2 day(s)
- Certification:NOGEPA 2.15
- Validation:No expiry
- Requirements:The delegate is required to have followed either the MoME basic course, or a NOGEPA accepted equivalent, within the past year.
More information about the NOGEPA 2.15 Management of Major Emergencies (Formal Assessment)
The delegate will be assessed during no less than 3 control room simulations during which the delegate has the role of OIM. During these simulations, the delegate can be confronted with a class A, but at least one class B and one class C type of emergencies.
The Command Centre simulations will consist of class A, B, and C types of emergencies, where these emergencies are classified as:
A. Major Emergency that is readily controllable if managed appropriately.
B. Major Emergency which has the potential to escalate if not managed in an effective and
C. Major Emergency that is uncontrollable and will eventually escalate leading to
the abandonment of the installation.
The delegate will have no prior knowledge of the content of the simulation. Prior to taking this Formal Assessment, the delegate is to provide written evidence of being qualified to act as an OIM and has had a leading role in maintaining the emergency preparedness on an offshore mining installation.
The assessment may take 2-days:
- Day 1 (optional) is to be used for the refreshment of memory, practice, and familiarization with
the facilities and scenario. In case the Formal Assessment is taken directly following
course 2.14a the delegate may directly enroll in Day 2.
- Day 2 is the day of the Formal Assessment to conduct at least 3 control room simulations
The delegate will be assessed against the following competences:
- To assess the situation and make plans to combat the emergency accordingly;
- To show effective leadership and manage the various team members to their best of
- To maintain both internal and external communications in an effective manner;
- To delegate actions and decisions to team members’ best suited for the task;
- To take responsibility and initiative to combat the emergency; and
- To cope with stress in self or others.
Certified OPITO, NOGEPA, GWO and STCW training courses
Unique locations at the most convenient places around the world
Training when it suits you
Flexibility is paramount
Our training courses are never cancelled