Measures in relation to the Corona-virus disease (COVID 19) – Update December 18, 202129 September 2020
Last update: December 18, 2021: 8:00 AM GMT +1
Train safe at FMTC, also during COVID-19
- Our training locations are open
- Everyone is welcome, unless you have COVID-19 symptoms
- All lessons are in line with the WHO regulations
- No risk: Free cancellation up to 24 hours
FMTC MEASURES IN RELATION TO THE CORONA-VIRUS DISEASE
1. Confirmation letter / email
Customers/participants receive an amended confirmation letter, emphasizing on changes due to corona and the importance of assessing the delegate’s personal condition, prior to coming to the training center.
2. Health check & communication
All delegates are asked to complete a daily registration form, also asking for Covid symptoms. When someone has symptoms of a Corona infection (fever, cough & difficulty breathing) we request the person to re-schedule the training. Customers are requested to inform FMTC Safety, if one of their employees shows symptoms of COVID-19 or is tested positively within 14 days of completing the course.
3. Corona awareness
Raising awareness among delegates and staff regarding COVID-19 is done through posting and discussing a set of instructions as part of the FMTC / daily introduction.
4. Coffee and lunch
To relieve the canteen and reduce the footprint of delegates, coffee and lunch are served in our classrooms.
5. Alcohol-based hand rub
Alcohol-based hand rub has been introduced at various locations at the training centers and in our classrooms.
6. Personal protective equipment
Work gloves, facemasks, and surgical gloves are made available in classrooms. Gloves will need to be disposed of in a separate bin at the end of the course. The use of facemasks is only required where the 1.5-meter distance is breached.
Delegates are encouraged to use their personal (approved) personal protective equipment such as coveralls, helmet, steel cap boots, gloves, and glasses. This gives the delegate a feeling that he knows the origin, while at the same time it relieves the sanitation process at FMTC Safety. If you do not have your own PPE, no problem. We will provide this to you.
There is an increased focus on cleaning and risks related to the use of respiratory equipment (breathing apparatus, EBS, regulators).
Note: In cases where the cleaning possibilities, construction, or material of the equipment seem insufficient to rule out transmitting the virus we remove specific equipment from use for the time being. EBS hoses, CA-EBS mouthpieces are cleaned through the use of boiled water, in combination with a disinfectant.
Some additional measures:
– Safety glasses and goggles used for smoke hood escape are cleaned/disinfected after each use and wrapped individually.
– Helmets are cleaned after use. Hairnets are used in addition.
8. Adjusted exercises
- First Aid – Delegates will receive a personal face and lung to perform mouth to mouth breathing on manikin. (Except BOSIET and FOET courses)
- Sea Survival – Huddle position will not be performed only explained.
- Sea Survival – Delegates can climb into the liferaft and will step out at the other side. The liferaft explanation will be done on the pool deck.
FMTC actively monitors the industry, customer, and (inter)national measures and updates her approach. Please don’t hesitate to contact us, if you would like to know more about our measurements. You can always contact us via +31(0) 850 – 130 74 61 or send us an e-mail via email@example.com.
Measures per FMTC training location
All of our training centers are open for training. Various measures have been implemented based on location specific situations. Below you will find the latest updates per location:
FMTC Safety Dordrecht / Lage Zwaluwe / Schiphol Amsterdam / IJmuiden (NL)
At our locations in the Netherlands we follow the guidelines of the RIVM and the government. The following measures are active:
- Lunch takes place in the classroom (Schiphol Amsterdam, Lage Zwaluwe, IJmuiden)
- Wear a face mask when you are moving internally in classrooms and buildings. During class, when everybody is seated, face masks are not mandatory
- Keep 1,5 meters distance from each other
We have a new main entrance at Toermalijnring 1808, Dordrecht. You can park next to this building at the Makro and then walk to Toermalijnring 1808. Here you enter through the large roller door and you will be registered. You will receive instructions and can use the walking routes to the classrooms of the training center.
Traveling to and in the Netherlands
There are still some measures from the government regarding the Coronavirus. The main measures are listed below:
- It is possible to travel to the Netherlands. When you come from a high-risk area you actually have to quarantine. Because we work in an indispensable sector, you can temporarily skip the self-quarantine. See the government website: https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/self-quarantine/exemptions
Please note that the cabinet is taking extra measures to prevent new variants of the virus from being imported via travelers and to limit the number of travel movements. See the governmental website for travel restrictions from some countries: Checklist for entering or returning to the Netherlands from outside the EU/Schengen area | Coronavirus COVID-19 | Government.nl
- From 8 August, it must be possible to show a vaccination certificate upon arrival in the Netherlands. If you do not have this, you must be able to show a negative test result.
FMTC Safety Dunkirk (FR)
At our location in Dunkirk, we follow the guidelines of the local government. The group size has recently been increased from 6 to 8 people. This allows up to 8 people to participate in a training. This makes us less flexible than you are used to from us. In addition, this makes the last-minute planning of an extra training more challenging.
It remains possible to follow training courses at our location in Dunkirk. However, you must take specific rules into account. You will find the main rules below.
- Keep one and a half meters away
- Training takes place in smaller groups, but there is no limitation in the number of participants who can participate in the training
- Lunch takes place in the theory room
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory inside our facility.
Traveling to and in France
In France, some government measures still apply.
- When entering France you must be able to present a vaccination certificate or negative Corona test.
- Face masks are currently mandatory in covered public areas, such as shops and offices, and in public transport.
- You must be able to present a vaccination certificate or negative Corona test if you want access to events with more than 50 people, museums, bars, restaurants, shopping centers, hospitals, care homes, airplane, train, bus, camping, accommodation.
View the latest information at: https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/coronavirus-covid-19
FMTC Safety Houma (US)
At our location in Houma we follow the guidelines of the local government. Since the beginning of August 2021, it is again mandatory to wear face masks in public areas.
Traveling to and in the United States
The US currently have strict entry restrictions. You may qualify for a National Interest Exception. Read more about the National Interest Exception. Everyone must show a negative Corona test on arrival in the United States, even if you have already been fully vaccinated. In addition, you must be retested within 3 to 5 days of your arrival and quarantine for 7 days, regardless of the result of your test. If you are fully vaccinated you do not need to be quarantined.
Our team is always available to serve and advise you. Please let us know if you require special requests, as we are determined to find solutions. We are available 24/7 for you via +31(0)85-130 74 61, via firstname.lastname@example.org , and via our website.Back to the overview