GWO Fire Awareness E-learning + PracticalBookLast booked 1 hours ago
The GWO Fire Awareness E-learning course (Global Wind Organisation) is intended for everyone working in the wind industry. During this online GWO fire awareness course, the delegate learns about all the ins and outs regarding the causes and dangers of fire in a wind turbine and how things can best be handled in case of fire. During the online GWO Fire Awareness course, the delegate learns the theoretical part online and the practical exercises will be done at the training center in just 1,5 hour!
The outbreak of fire in wind turbines can cause great panic, but no lives can be saved by panicking. It is therefore extremely important that everyone knows how to act in these dangerous situations.
- Timetable:0.5 day(s)
- Certification:GWO Fire Awareness
- Validation:2 years
- Prices & locations*:
Choose a location
We will contact you to confirm your booking.
We will contact you to discuss if the course on the requested date can be attended.
The date you have chosen.
The course is fully booked.
More information about GWO Fire Awareness E-learning + Practical
After registering for GWO Fire Awareness E-learning, the delegate receives access to online teaching material by e-mail. With this, the theoretical part should be learned at home. This will take 2 hours, on average. When all theoretics online is completed, you will only have to do the practical exercises at the training center. After completing the theoretical & practical part of this GWO Fire Awareness E-learning you receive the same certificate as the normal GWO Fire Awareness without e-learning.
Procedure GWO E-learning Fire Awareness (Online GWO Fire Awareness)
1. Choose your practice day in our calendar
2. You will receive the booking confirmation for the practical day
3. Within 1 working day, you will receive access to online teaching material by e-mail.
4. Until the practical day, you can complete the e-learning.
5. By arrival at the training center, we check if you have completed the e-learning successful.
6. You have to do an assessment at FMTC before the practical sessions.
- If you don’t pass the assessment, then you have to do an oral assessment.
- When it appears that you do not know the theory, you can not participate in the practical session.
- FMTC facilitates any extra lessons, but this can not always be arranged on the same day.
Kindly note, the e-learning lasts an average of 2 hours. When you book in the evening, it is not possible to follow the practice day on the day after. When you have completed the e-learning, you must follow the practical day within 4 weeks.
- The emergence of a fire, how it develops and the dangers of an outbreak of a fire in a wind turbine
- Recognizing fire hazards
- Act the right way during the outbreak of a fire: proper use of extinguishing agents such as various fire extinguishers and fire blankets
- Contingency plans including emergency escape procedures and smoke detection
- Personal safety
Do you need more GWO E-learning courses?
We also provide the Online GWO Basic Safety Training Course which offers this GWO Fire Awareness E-learning course together with GWO Working at Height E-learning, GWO First Aid E-learning, GWO Sea Survival E-learning and GWO Manual handling E-learning.
Are you looking for an online refresher course? Take a look at our online GWO refreshers. You need to do the refresher course every two years, before your expiry date.
Certified OPITO, NOGEPA, GWO
and STCW courses
Unique locations at the most convenient places around the world
Training when it suits you
Flexibility is paramount
Training always continue