GWO Fire Awareness Refresher E-learning + PracticalBookLast booked 1 hours ago
The GWO Fire Awareness Refresher E-learning course (Global Wind Organisation) is intended for everyone working in the wind industry. Every two years, this refresher training of GWO Fire Awareness needs to be followed.During the GWO Fire Awareness Refresher, the delegate refreshes his memory about the risks and dangers of fire in a wind turbine and contributes to a safer working environment in wind turbines based on the guidelines of the GWO (Global Wind Organisation).
During the online GWO Fire Awareness course, the delegate learns the theoretical part online and the practical exercises will be done at the training center in just 1,5 hour instead of half a day!
- Timetable:1.5 hour(s)
- Certification:GWO Fire Awareness Refresher
- Validation:2 years
- Requirements:A valid GWO Fire Awareness (Refresher) certificate
- Languages:English (US), French
More information about GWO Fire Awareness Refresher E-learning + Practical
After registering for GWO Fire Awareness Refresher E-learning, the delegate receives access to online teaching material by e-mail immediately. With this, the theoretical part should be learned at home. This will take 2 hours, on average. When all theoretics online is completed, you will only have to do the practical exercises at the training center. After completing the theoretical & practical part of this GWO Fire Awareness Refresher E-learning you receive the same certificate as the normal GWO Fire Awareness Refresher without e-learning.
Procedure GWO E-learning Fire Awareness Refresher (Online GWO Fire Awareness Refresher)
1. Choose your practice day in our calendar
2. You will receive the booking confirmation for the practical day
3. You will receive access to online teaching material by e-mail immediately.
4. Until the practical day, you can complete the e-learning.
5. By arrival at the training center, we check if you have completed the e-learning successful.
6. You have to do an assessment at FMTC before the practical sessions.
- If you don’t pass the assessment, then you have to do an oral assessment.
- When it appears that you do not know the theory, you can not participate in the practical session.
- FMTC facilitates any extra lessons, but this can not always be arranged on the same day.
Kindly note, the e-learning lasts an average of 2 hours. When you book in the evening, it is not possible to follow the practice day on the day after. When you have completed the e-learning, you must follow the practical day within 4 weeks.
- The emergence of a fire, how it develops and the dangers of an outbreak of a fire in a wind turbine
- Recognizing fire hazards
- Act the right way during the outbreak of a fire: proper use of extinguishing agents such as various fire extinguishers and fire blankets
- Contingency plans including emergency escape procedures and smoke detection
- Personal safety
Do you need more GWO E-learning courses?
We also provide the Online GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher Course which offers this GWO Fire Awareness Refresher E-learning course together with GWO Working at Heights Refresher, GWO First Aid Refresher, GWO Sea Survival E-learning Refresher and GWO Manual Handling E-learning Refresher
Are you looking for an online basic GWO course? Take a look at our online GWO basic training. You need to do the refresher course every two years, before your expiry date.
Certified OPITO, NOGEPA, GWO and STCW training courses
Unique locations at the most convenient places around the world
Training when it suits you
Flexibility is paramount
Our training courses are never cancelled
What is GWO?
GWO stands for ‘Global Wind Organisation’. It is a non-profit organisation and has provided the Basic Safety Training standards for the wind industry since 2012.
What does the GWO Fire Awareness Refresher E-learning course consist of?
Throughout this course the delegate will be taught about potential fire hazards when working in a windturbine, when and how fires can arise in a windturbine, the proper response when faced with a fire hazard, how the delegate can bring themselves and their colleagues to safety and much more. The GWO Fire Awareness Refresher e-learning course is also part of the GWO Basic Safety Training Refresher.
How is the GWO Fire Awareness Refresher E-learning course taught?
The GWO Fire Awareness Refresher E-learning course consists of a theoretical and practical part. The theoretical part can be done at home at your own pace with the e-learning module.
What does WINDA stand for?
WINDA is the name of the Global Wind Industry Training Records Database. It maintains data on the certification status of GWO Certified Training Providers as well as the status of delegates that have attended courses. The delegate is required to create an account for WINDA, as a sticker and registration are added in WINDA upon succesful completion of a course.
Click here to create an account in WINDA. Upon succesful registration, the user receives a WINDA ID. The WINDA ID is required for us to add the GWO Course to the account of a delegate, including the Basic Training Course.
The employer also has the option of creating an account, allowing them to verify the training status of their (potential) employees.
For more information about the organisation account, click here.
For more information about the delegate account, click here.
On which date is this course available for booking?
All the green dates on the calendar on the course page are available. This is a real-time display of the available dates.
Do I need a physical examination for this course?
GWO courses do not require an examination.
How do I book a physical examination?
When a physical examination is required, this can be noted on the same booking form. If the course has already been booked, you can send an e-mail or call us to let us know.
When do I receive access to the e-learning?
After registering for GWO Fire Awareness Refresher E-learning, the delegate receives access to online teaching material by e-mail immediately.
How many days do I have to come to the training facilities for practical assignments?
The practical exercises will be done at the training center in just 1,5 hour!
- €Starting from373.004.34 Locations€Starting from357.004.44 Locations$Starting from150.0044 Locations€Starting from214.0054 Locations$Starting from200.0044 Locations$Starting from885.0054 Locations€Starting from1099.004.74 Locations