STCW Ship Security OfficerBookLast booked 28 minutes ago
The training STCW Ship Security Officer (SSO) is intended for seafarers working on board vessels requiring qualification and employment as a Ship Security Officer. The Ship Security Officer (SSO) will be appointed by the shipping company. The Ship Security officer (SSO) course teaches you to ensure both the security of the ship as well as the implementation and support of the ship security plan. The SSO in association with the CSO will ensure the safety awareness of the crew on board.
- Timetable:2 day(s)
- Starting time:07:30
- Certification:STCW (A-VI/5)
- Validation:No expiry
- Requirements:A valid CoC
- Prices & locations*:
Choose a location
We will contact you to confirm your booking.
We will contact you to discuss if the course on the requested date can be attended.
The date you have chosen.
The course is fully booked.
More information about STCW Ship Security Officer
The two-day course STCW Ship Security Officer takes 2 days. After completion the participant receives a STCW (A-VI/5) certificate, which is valid for life.
- Maritime security threats and preventative measures
- Ship Security Assessments and Audits
- The creating of Ship Security Plans
- Ship and Port Facility security measures and arrangements
- Recognition of behavioural patterns of people likely to threaten security
- Detection of weapons, explosives and other dangerous substances
- Regular testing, calibration and effective use of security equipment and systems
- Knowledge of ISPS code
Certified OPITO, NOGEPA, GWO
and STCW courses
Unique locations at the most convenient places around the world
Training when it suits you
Flexibility is paramount
Training always continue