STCW Medical CareBookLast booked 16 minutes ago
During the course STCW Medical Care, the skills of the course STCW Medical First Aid are extended and complemented with extra skills. The course Medical Care teaches you to adequately act to accidents and illnesses when no external medical support is available. The captain is initially responsible for this and should therefore be able to support the victim with medical support at any time. Next to the captain, another employee is often appointed as responsible for the medical care on board.
- Timetable:3 day(s)
- Certification:STCW (A-VI/4-2)
- Validation:5 years
- Requirements:A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate (< 5 year old)
A valid STCW Medical First Aid certificate (< 5 year old)
- Prices & locations*:
Choose a location
We will contact you to confirm your booking.
We will contact you to discuss if the course on the requested date can be attended.
The date you have chosen.
The course is fully booked.
More information about STCW Medical Care
When you find yourself in the Dutch territorial sea or a territorial sea adjacent to this zone, you ought to be in possession of a valid ILT / STCW Medical First Aid certificate. However, when you are outside of these zones, you also have to be in possession of a valid ILT / STCW Medical Care certificate.
- General introduction shipping healthcare
- (Physical) examination according to a RMA-questionnaire
- Vital functions check according to the SRABCDE model
- (Infection) diseases and wound treatment on board according to ‘test’ victims
- Injury to the human musculoskeletal system and neck injury
- Basic Life Support
- Transporting wounded
- Evacuation per helicopter
- Medical equipment on board
- Medical administration and contacting Radio Medical Service
- Administering injections
- Administering IV
- Stitching up a wound
Certified OPITO, NOGEPA, GWO
and STCW courses
Unique locations at the most convenient places around the world
Training when it suits you
Flexibility is paramount
Training always continue