STCW Medical First AidBookLast booked 25 minutes ago
The STCW Medical First Aid course exists for employees who are responsible for the medical care on board. The captain is initially responsible for the medical care on board and should be able to provide medical care at all times. In many cases, besides the captain, another person (e.g. the first mate) is appointed responsible for the medical care on board.
- Timetable:2 day(s)
- Starting time:07:30
- Certification:STCW (A-VI/4-1)
- Validation:5 years
- Price:€ 490,00 excl. VAT and including lunch, coffee / tea and course material
- Requirements:A valid STCW Basic Safety Training certificate (< 5 year old)
- Location:The course will be conducted at FMTC Schiphol
More information about STCW Medical First Aid
The ILT / STCW Medical First Aid on board certificate is compulsory for employees who are responsible for providing first aid on board within the borders of the Dutch territorial sea or a territorial sea adjacent to the royal zone of the Dutch territorial sea.
After successful completion the STCW (A-VI/4-1) certificate is valid for 5 years.
- General introduction shipping healthcare
- (Physical) examination according to a RMA-questionnaire
- Vital functions check according to the (SR)-ABCDE model
- (Infection) diseases and wound treatment on board according to ‘test’ victims
- Injury to the human musculoskeletal system and neck injury
- Basic Life Support
- Transporting wounded
- Evacuation per helicopter
- Medical equipment on board
- Medical administration and contacting Radio Medical Service