Wanted: Product Owner02 May 2021
We’re looking for an experienced Product Owner with project management skills who likes being the link between the IT platform, users, management and stakeholders. Are you good at setting priorities, leading improvement projects and do you have a dose of technical IT knowledge? Then we are looking for you!
Who are we?
FMTC Safety is the customer-focused safety training center for Offshore training (OPITO), Wind training (GWO), and Industry training (OSHA) with multiple locations around the world. We train people every day at our different locations worldwide on how to work safely.
At FMTC Safety, flexibility is our top priority! We reduce the burden of the customer entirely in the field of training. We do this through our customer-focused services, flexibility, knowledge, and extra services in addition to our training courses.
What are you going to do?
As a Product Owner at FMTC you need to keep a lot of balls in the air. You understand the wishes of the users, management and stakeholders and know how to translate them into a short-, medium- and long-term planning. You stand in your shoes firmly and have a good say in technology.
You will be responsible for FMTC’s website and mission critical platform developed in-house to deliver excellent customer service and is a combination of booking- and planning tool, CRM, invoicing program and much more.
In short, your main tasks are:
- Ensuring the development of the product vision and communicating this with management;
- Manage a transparent, clear and up to date product backlog that is visible to management;
- Design and realize your product roadmap;
- Answer management questions about business functionality and priority;
- Assessing and testing of delivered increments by the development team;
- Prepare and lead sprints in collaboration with IT and several departments (e.g. Sales, Finance and Customer Service);
- Validating initiatives based on qualitative and quantitative user insights;
- Help team to become high performing and self-organized by ensuring Agile principles and related frameworks are understood and effectively applied;
- Recording documentation related and update procedures in the organisation’s QMS and work together with the quality department;
- Responsible for support of the ‘product’;
- Coaching team on continuous improvement, teamwork and agile mindset.
What your profile should look like:
- HBO higher vocational education, WO academic higher education;
- You have at least 3 years’ experience as a Product Owner;
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a feel for commercial success;
- An affinity for IT, business processes in B2B environment;
- A hands-on mentality;
- You are passionate about helping teams continuously improve by challenging their practices, and/or by facilitating sessions for them;
- You have experience in coaching teams and guiding individuals to enable them to reach their goals;
- You are fluent in English (and preferably Dutch) and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- You have an European passport and already live in the Netherlands (no relocation assistance available);
What may you expect from us?
We expect a lot but offer even more. Your work is exciting, varied, and your work environment is professional and enjoyable. We are a young, international company with excellent growth opportunities. You create your own opportunities for success!
In addition to this informal working atmosphere, we also offer:
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
- Full-time employment;
- A team of friendly colleagues;
- A fast MacBook (or Windows machine if you really like);
- Challenging and broad position with a lot of responsibility;
Our offices are located in Badhoevedorp and Dordrecht, the Netherlands.
If you are looking to join an exceptional team, we invite you to apply. You may send your application to Joeri van de Watering via firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to the overview